Our main aim is for everyone to enjoy and complete the Event safely. To do this, we understand that participants might want to ride a variety of bikes. If you have a specific bike that you would like to ride which is not listed below, please contact us so we can discuss your options and make sure we can support you.
We recommend riding a road, hybrid or cyclocross bike. Please only bring one bike with you as we do not have the space to accommodate two.
Please make sure that your bike has:
- Handlebars with bar-end plugs fitted
- Working front and rear brakes
- 360° rider visibility
- And that you can cycle consistently at a slowest average speed of 10 mph for 100+ miles
Due to mechanic stock availability and safety reasons, we do not permit:
- Towing trailers
- Fixed wheel bikes with no brakes and/or only a front brake fitted
- Specialist time-trial bicycles
- Stride driven or stand-up machines, such as elliptical cycles
- Unconventional handlebars (including triathlon bars, aero bars, clip-ons, prayer bars, Spinaci bars and cow bars)
If you have questions concerning your bike, please email us and we’ll be more than happy to discuss these with you.
*We will permit the use of e-bikes if you have a registered disability, and an e-bike will enable you to complete the event. Please see the Terms & Conditions for more details.